Synechron is looking for a Senior Data Scientist with strong Financial Domain experience at Toronto, ON.
- The Financial Services Data Scientist will work on some of the most innovative data science projects in the financial services industry, including efforts by a major stock exchange to leverage proprietary data to develop advanced analytics and data science products.
- The Data Scientist will work on the design, development (programming), and testing of multiple platforms
- The position will be based out of Toronto, Canada but be part of a global team encompassing data scientists the US (New York), London, Bangalore, and Pune.
- University degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of Spark development
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services development including
- Knowledge of routing concepts (VPCs, Route 53)
- Experience working with Hive SQL and Presto SQL
- Experience working with Javscript (NodeJS and ReactJS)
- Experience working with Scala
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of the following AWS frameworks / services: AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience developing machine learning solutions for financial services
- Experience with financial data
- Knowledge of capital markets and financial exchanges
Synechron, award winning, fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology services providers, is a $500 million firm based in New York. Since inception in 2001, Synechron has been on a steep growth trajectory. With 8,000+ professionals operating in 18 countries across the world, it has presence across USA, Canada, UK, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Serbia, Hungary, Germany, Italy, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Australia and Development Centers in India.