Client ID: 263236
Senior DBA-Postgres - Our technology client in London is looking for a Full time permanent Senior DBA to join their growing team! As a part of the DevOps team, you will have expertise with Postgres. You will also automate the ongoing workload into repeatable & consistent processes, leveraging appropriate tools, with builds being scripted as much as possible. Join them to keep your hands in a little bit of everything as they support MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra databases for their clients!
Senior DBA-Postgres Job Details
The selected individual will own the tools and processes used to deploy the code and build a streamlined & reliable system. You will promote collaboration between Development and Operations while acting as a guide/mentor to ensure they are building stable and efficient database code. The DBAs support best practice data design principles and act as data guardians within the company.
Senior DBA-Postgres Responsibilities
- Work with Development team to code, test, and implement complex database solutions in a multi-flavour environment;
- Coordinate physical changes to both relational and non-relational databases;
- Design logical & physical databases; review changes to database design and understand how those changes will affect the physical database;
- Establish physical database parameters, code database objects/queries and specify database identifiers to DBMS or guide others in coding best practices;
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve;
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology;
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, production support procedures are well documented and are leveraging scripting & automation technologies to improve speed of delivery (i.e. GIT, Ansible).
Senior DBA-Postgres Mandatory Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in administration of a production SQL environment;
- Expertise with PostgreSQL;
- Demonstrable expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing;
- Experience with Data modeling tools;
- Experience with developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc… using various SQL scripting languages;
- High availability experience with SQL Server Always On Availability Groups (AOAG), MySQL replication, Oracle;
- Expertise with Windows/Linux Operating Systems and cloud hosting providers (Azure/AWS etc…);
- Automation and configuration management tools.
Senior DBA-Postgres Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with MySQL.
Senior DBA-Postgres Start Date
- As soon as possible.
Senior DBA-Postgres Assignment Length
- Permanent Full Time.