Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technologies
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of information security for the Company. He or she plays a strategic role in defining services and priorities and in planning human and financial resources related to information security. In addition, he or she monitors emerging trends and best practices in the field.
- Establish strategic and tactical roadmaps to align IT practices with security standards to support clients’ business needs;
- Develop and regularly update the design of the Company’s IT security architecture, the security awareness program and all security-related documentation (policies, standards, guidelines and procedures);
- Ensure the compliance of corporate and property infrastructure and applications with security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Strategically influence the decisions involved in selecting security measures to reduce risk, in accordance with established policies;
- Provide expert advice on information security to the audit and executive committees;
- Define access management standards, and establish and apply the corresponding controls;
- Manage the security budget;
- Ensure team’s technical skills remain current and develop the requisite training plans;
- Monitor emerging trends and best practices in information security, determine the corresponding impacts on the Company and implement the necessary safeguards.
- Oversee the hiring, supervision, performance appraisal, professional development and evaluation of the designated team;
- Leverage own and team’s expertise and collaborate with various IT teams on IT projects;
- Plan, organize, supervise and monitor team’s activities and routine tasks;
- Manage allocated material and financial resources;
- Review specified KPIs and monitor the corresponding action plans;
- Define and update operational protocols, objectives and priorities, in conjunction with the immediate supervisor;
- Contribute to developing IT business plans, in conjunction with the immediate supervisor and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related discipline;
- Master’s degree an asset;
- At least 15 years of experience in the IT industry, including 12 or more in an information security advisory role and 5 or more managing an IT security team;
- CISSP certification required; CISA and CISM certifications an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of current IT-related laws and regulations;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of technologies, issues and challenges related to information security, including contingency planning;
- Certification in information security an asset;
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working with senior executives on strategic and operational matters;
- Ability to inspire trust in others and work well with people at every level of the organization;
- Ability to effectively organize workloads and resources;
- Strategic and tactical mindset: capacity to see the big picture while understanding operational details;
- Highly motivated self-starter with a keen sense of commitment and an eye for detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.