Senior Divisional Director
SAINT JOHN, NB
jUNE 17, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Our client is a Canadian owned corporation comprised of a dynamic collection of successful and unique businesses in the marine, trucking and railway sectors. They are a market leader in logistics services and freight movement and offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment. Exposure to a varied assortment of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through business digitization initiatives make this an intriguing career destination.
Available if required
The Senior Divisional Director will be responsible for overseeing the execution of divisional strategy and working closely with the Group Vice President across businesses to create operational leverage. Emphasis on realizing business plan goals for revenue growth and profitability enhancement as well as diversification will be paramount. The Director will provide oversight to the continuous improvement and analytics team and lead cross-divisional teams in achieving a high standard in safety, commercial and maintenance processes.
The candidate will own a track record of leadership, business growth, strategic thinking and continuous improvement within complex businesses. He/she will foster a spirit of confidence and enthusiasm, promote teamwork and instil in the team a sense of personal accountability and responsibility for results.
- Work closely with the Group VP on divisional strategy and identification of key areas of focus and improvement
- Lead major improvement initiatives in the business or across the division as defined by the Group VP
- Lead the Divisional Continuous Improvement and Analytics team
- Lead divisional cross-business Safety and Maintenance teams
- Coordinate the annual Sales and Marketing plan. Synchronize commercial processes within the businesses and lead Quarterly reviews.
- Drive the implementation of innovative tools and methods for Safety, Commercial and Maintenance processes
- Deliver timely reporting of results to senior management and collaborate with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders in the development and implementation of plans and strategies
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role
- A strong business presence complemented by resourcefulness, sound business judgement and a customer focus
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational and scheduling skills in relation to resource planning and service execution
- Superior interpersonal skills- someone who listens well, respects a diversity of opinions, maximizes the experience and knowledge of the team and employs an open, clear and succinct communication style with the ability to quickly gain trust and respect
Competitive base salary with excellent benefits.
Undergraduate Degree, MBA would be a benefit
Trevor Stewart, President
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
MBA, Bachelor's Degree, Leadership, Management, Continuous Improvement, Strategic Thinking, Analytics,
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
YOU CAN ALSO VISIT US AT AND FOLLOW US ON:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage