Requisition ID: 26241
Job Category: Environmental
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Hatch Environmental Services Group (ESG) undertakes studies and delivers environmental services in the areas of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), planning, permitting, construction management, community engagement, sustainability/corporate social responsibility, climate change and related project delivery services. Our wealth of engineering, environmental, procurement and construction management experience and our global footprint is highly differentiated in the growing environmental services market.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant who is an experienced planner, project manager, or regulatory specialist to join the ESG team in our Vancouver office.
This person will have incorporated a knowledge of regulatory processes with project management skills, along with strong client relationship management and business development skills. The person who accepts this role will be highly organized, with attention to detail, quality and project delivery.The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership, direction and advice within our existing environmental consulting practice in the areas of ESIAs and permitting and natural heritage.
- Strong Project Management skills for coordination of key environmental deliverables.
- Provide technical and peer review support for client deliverables.
- Identifying, supporting and developing ESG related business opportunities with clients and companies working in the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Participate in resource planning, mentorship and advisory leadership to project teams.
- Work collaboratively with an integrated, multidisciplinary teams, liaising with and supporting global peers.
- Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental leaders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in environmental sciences, planning, environmental management, environmental engineering, social impact assessment and/or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10-year experience in managing and delivering ESIAs, permitting and regulatory approvals activities on major mining, infrastructure or energy projects.
- In-depth understanding of ESIA, permitting and approvals and regulatory requirements across Canada and within provinces and territories.
- Demonstrated business development and client engagement experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor and inspire environmental teams, collaborate with peers and integrate with engineering teams.
- Entrepreneurial with a technical soul.
- Effectively managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
- Experience working on major EPCM projects.
- Ability to be flexible, learn and perform challenging tasks outside their area of skills and experience.
- Willingness for both domestic and international travel as work requires. International experience is considered an asset.
- A recognized ESIA or regulatory expert, who is looking to take the next step in their career development.
The rapidly growing ESG team in Hatch provides an excellent career opportunity for someone with extensive experience in the environmental consulting community.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.