Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our Fredericton, NB team.
- Project management and conducting thorough senior review of a variety of assessment reports.
- Conducting human health and ecological risk assessments.
- Conducting large scale contaminated site investigations and remediation projects, remedial options analysis, detailed remedial design, and proving remedial supervision with support from a Team of qualified engineers/geoscientists, engineers and geoscientists in training and technicians.
- Applying technical knowledge and methods to formulate solutions and approaches to complex problems in the area of risk assessment, site assessment and remediation.
- Identify, develop, secure and maintain client business opportunities through effective communication, written proposals and personal marketing activities;
- Mentoring and development of junior personnel within the organization
- Ultimately ensure geological/environmental studies are conducted safely, in strict compliance with Company proprietary safety standards, government regulations and environmental concerns
- Support of transactional projects and portfolios including technically demanding projects with multidisciplinary teams and tight timelines
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with a directly related degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, geoscience or environmental science
- Designated Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.)
- Minimum ten years industry experience in contaminated site investigation
- Additional experience or an understanding in other areas including emerging contaminants, risk management, risk communication, contaminant hydrogeology and environmental due diligence would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Federal and Provincial contaminated sites legislation, regulations and processes
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training or mentoring of junior personnel
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget. Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Provide technical leadership, build and maintain staff morale, and set an example of personal conduct and ethics
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to successfully obtain Reliability Status Security Clearance, which requires applicant to have lived in Canada for the past 5 years
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.