SLR is a leading global consulting firm. SLR teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, built environment, federal government infrastructure, mining & minerals, power, and infrastructure. We provide our clients with advice and support from a network of responsive and growing offices in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa.
Our "One Team" culture is the foundation on which our company is built. Our culture has been cherished and nurtured through almost 30 years of growth, more than 20 mergers and acquisitions, and expansion to five operating regions. The health and safety of our staff, clients, business partners and communities where we operate is central to that culture
SLR offers rewarding careers to all of its staff and values and rewards customer care and commitment as well as technical expertise. SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal and professional growth, come shape your ambitions with SLR.
For more information, please visit http://www.slrconsulting.com
SLR has an immediate requirement for a highly motivated senior environmental practitioner to join our operations in Vancouver, British Columbia. This role may vary depending on the candidate's qualifications but is expected to be focused on business development, strategic execution on land quality and remediation projects and management of environmental projects. The successful candidate should have excellent technical, client service and people skills. Knowledge of a wide range of business sectors is an asset, as is the ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams. Travel may be required.
- Lead and support business development and proposal initiatives in Western Canada and elsewhere to achieve business development and strategic goals
- Providing technical advice, support and review for site investigation and remediation through all phases of assessment and remediation from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility studies, remedial design, remedial action and construction oversight
- Management of key complex site assessment and remediation projects, preparation and review of technical reports.
- Liaison with clients, subcontractors and regulatory agencies
- Manage overall project/program budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations and internal and contract requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of project management and effective delegation and oversight of group or program tasks and goals
- Provide final senior review of technical or promotional communications prepared by others
- Effectively mentor and develop staff
- Development of budgets and financial acumen ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
Technical Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in environmental consulting
- Demonstrate current environmental assessment & remediation skillset
- Excellent technical writing and solid client presentation skills
- Ability to develop business and excellent approach to client service
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary projects
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams both in British Columbia and across Canada
- Engineering, physical science or related environmental science degree (B.Sc., M.Sc., or PhD.)
- Valid driver's license
- Professional status or eligibility for professional status with the professional organization in BC is preferred (i.e. P.Geo.)
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational and technical skills
- Superior communication, interpersonal and excellent writing skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, with an understanding of discipline essential to good business practices
- Able to effectively prioritize work and contribute to project teams
- Excellent time management skills
We thank all those who apply; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact our HR team at email@example.com. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team.