About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from four operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson and Island Gold mines in north and northwestern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, Lynn Lake, the Senior Exploration Geologist will be the lead technical expert working as part of a dynamic team of geoscientists with the primary objective of adding resources at the existing deposits and to the discovery of additional economic gold deposits at Lynn Lake. You will be based in Lynn Lake, Manitoba and will work a 15/13 rotation schedule. Travel from your home to site, and room and board, will be provided at the Company’s expense.
- Provide technical leadership for the Lynn Lake exploration team including review, development and maintenance of best practice technical exploration systems and protocols;
- In collaboration with the Exploration Manager, Lynn Lake, ensure technical coaching for professional development purposes and a proactive mentorship of exploration staff;
- Ensure best practices collection of geological information from exploration programs including diamond drilling, mapping, geophysics, and surface sampling;
- Assist the Exploration Manager, Lynn Lake with the development of technical training programs;
- Develop regional-, target-, and deposit-scale geological models (lithology, structure, alteration, and mineralization);
- Analyze and interpret the geology and prospectivity of the Company’s tenements to define exploration opportunities, both brownfields and greenfields, and guide other team members in doing the same;
- Develop both brownfields and greenfields exploration programs that effectively test a portfolio of targets, and guide other team members in doing the same;
- Detailed interpretation and analysis of exploration data, and guide other team members in doing the same;
- Contribute to developing exploration work programs and to strategic exploration planning;
- A track record of talent development with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Shown to be self-motivated and possesses leadership abilities.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or Earth Science; Post-graduate degree, an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Solid knowledge of orogenic gold deposit models.
- Experience developing geological models at both the deposit- and greenstone-belt scales.
- Regional-scale targeting and exploration experience in Precambrian greenstone belts.
- An excellent understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as they pertain to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments.
- An ability to think across-scales and to integrate diverse, large datasets.
- Previous work experience with Leapfrog, ArcGIS, MicroMine, and other related software platforms.
- Registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of being a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
Applications should be submitted by July 10, 2020.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Alamos Gold Inc. or to apply, please visit www.alamosgold.com/careers.