Liebherr-Canada Ltd. provides sales and after-sales service and product support for state-of-the-art equipment for the construction, mining, materials handling, crane, aerospace and waste management and associated industries. In addition, we support domestic and commercial refrigeration products for the Americas. Liebherr-Canada Ltd. has over 300 employees with established branch locations coast to coast to serve our customers’ needs.
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are family oriented and believe in long-term relationships..
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match. To top it up, we will recognize your experience.
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the ERP systems financial data treatment as it relates to the financial reporting of Liebherr Canada Ltd.
The primary responsibilities shall include preparing and presenting various forecast, profit and loss statement and other financial reports to Liebherr Canada Divisional directors and Corporate head office, internal controls related to full cycle accounting and financial reporting, internal corporate tax compliance, and budget/forecast reporting. The role shall specifically establish and enforce financial reporting and internal control policies and procedures for specific Liebherr Canada divisions. Additionally, the role is required to ensure complete corporate tax compliance as it relates to Liebherr Canada business. The role will also take ownership for instigating performance targets and systems to improve divisional performance and fully deploy and exploit IT and reporting systems.
- Manage and maintain the Enterprise Resource Planning systems as they relate to the full accounting cycle financial reporting for selected LCA divisions
- Corporate tax compliance based upon current CRA and OECD guidelines
- Support the divisional directors in budgeting/forecasting, tax compliance and financial reporting
- Develop appropriate financial reporting policies which relate to the systems used in processing financial entries and financial reports
- Manage the systems financial reporting and agree protocols for reporting policies and procedures with the parent company, Liebherr International AG;
- Maintain an audit file in accordance with internal standards set by the Finance director;
- Proactively instigate and deploy effective and efficient internal control procedures to monitor and report to the business;
- Take ownership for inventory valuation, inventory physical counts and related reporting for all divisions;
- Develop intelligent, efficient and cost effective reporting to business owners with interpretative analysis and active assistance to resolve reporting concerns.
- 5 years’ experience in managing the financial reporting systems of a multi-divisional mid-size manufacturing and/or distribution environment;
- Proven people management and interpersonal skills at all levels;
- Degree educated in accounting (CPA preferred);
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of Corporate tax compliance both domestic and transfer pricing
- Demonstrate exceptional English communication skills (verbal and written);
- Hands-on proactive and assertive, result driven mindset;
- Highly Computer literate, with experience using Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel including Power Pivot), Power Business Intelligence, SQL, complex EDP systems
- Have the ability to prioritize tasks, and have strong attention to detail;
- Bilingual (French/English) communications would be an asset.
All Liebherr Canada positions require:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills
Thank you for your interest in Liebherr Canada. The Recruiter responsible for the vacancy reviews candidate applications. Only those candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations in the recruitment process will be provided for job applicants with disabilities.