As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports into the Division Controller, Household and completes the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information. Prepares various financial reports; compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets. Ensures compliance with budget allocations and investigates variances. Performs financial analysis at complex levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis and financial and expense performance comparisons.
This position is out of our head office in Concord, Ontario
Internal Financial Reporting
- This position will primarily provide financial analysis support to the Divisional Controller
- Prepare and analyze non-consolidated trial balance and financial statements
- Critical to success is the ability to interpret financial performance results and translate them into operational improvements. Investigate unusual account variances identified with management and review related accounting records to ensure they are resolved
- Ability to clearly articulate financial information to both finance and non-finance personnel
- Manage the month-end cutoff processes/deadline execution, including the preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statement consolidation work papers and consolidation entries, including preparation of subsidiary company financial statements and monthly management financial statement reporting packages
- Reconcile Divisional inter-company accounts on a monthly basis. Review the inter-company account balances and manage the timely settlement of outstanding balances
- Analyze and reconcile assigned Divisional general ledger accounts (e.g. prepaid expenses, deferred charges, goodwill & intangible assets, interest expense, etc.)
- Prepare other reports and balances as required
- All positions within the finance team have a clear, uncompromising responsibility to ensure internal controls and business policies are followed
External Financial Reporting
- Assist in preparation of quarterly FS, MD&A, Board presentation and other ad hoc items
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit supporting working papers and analysis
- Liaising with external auditors and providing audit support when required
- Due diligence (M&A), accounting research and internal audit assistance
- Maintain E1 (JD Edwards) chart of accounts, etc. Post journal entries and run key reports. Liaise with IT group on new reports, structure and system maintenance
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Chartered accountant (CPA, CA) designation
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Financial Analyst
- Strong Excel skills
- Creative problem solver who is well organized, thrives on working in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative, ability to manage competing priorities
- Some travel may be required for this role
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.