Date Posted: January 14, 2019
Department: TR Corporate Finance
Location: 333 Bay Street - Toronto
Senior Financial Analyst, Decision Support
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) position is responsible for providing financial analyses that help drive key decision making at the Corporate level of Thomson Reuters. Many projects originate from ad-hoc requests from the company’s Senior Vice-President of Corporate Finance, Chief Financial Officer, and members of the Thomson Reuters executive committee or Board of Directors. Some of these projects turn into regular, recurring analyses and updates. Examples of past projects include: Designing and measuring Incentive Plans (AIP / LTIP); Consolidating and presenting Key Performance Indicator metrics and dashboards; Workforce planning and analyses of people costs; Analyzing and explaining trends in controllable expenditures (T&E / consulting spend etc); Implementing a systematic approach to tracking major cost savings initiatives.
The SFA will report into the Head of Decision Support. The role will be based in Toronto which will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work closely with senior finance leaders. Successful candidate must have a proven track record of working in a high-pressure environment and the ability to work on several projects/deliverables at the same time.
This position is responsible for:
- providing support to Forecasting, Annual Planning, Business Analysis, Business Performance Reporting, and Strategic Business Planning processes;
- providing support for measuring business performance to appropriately accrue for Annual Incentive and Long-term Incentive Plans;
- supporting the tracking, consolidation and reporting of Key Performance Indicators;
- analyzing key expense drivers such as Travel & Entertainment spend, People Cost, and Consulting spend and provide insights and recommendations on efficiency and effectiveness opportunities;
- formulating and modeling strategic scenarios for various analyses and evaluation of alternatives; and
- developing solid relationships with all areas of the business and demonstrating the ability to be an effective partner (to the Segment Finance teams as well as to the Corporate FP&A team).
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA preferred;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience;
- excellent analytical and communication skills;
- strong familiarity with accounting and financial reporting, former experience in corporate finance preferred;
- experience working in a multicultural global environment;
- the ability to multi-task and prioritize as regular course of action; and
- expert level with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
Knowledge of financial systems (SAP / Hyperion) will be considered and asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2019, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.