Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
As part of our National Finance team, the Senior Financial Analyst will report to a Senior Manager in the Finance team and be responsible for
• Preform balance sheet and other financial operational reconciliations with a high degree of accuracy
• Complete full financial statements including month end and year end statements
• Analyze P&L cost centers, investigate variances and present commentary/finding to the leadership team
• Prepare and analyze tax year end working papers
• Prepare executive decks on technical matters and provide recommendations as required
• Assist in drafting accounting memos to support the accounting positions taken
• Assist in advising the business and senior management on various accounting matters
• Support the Senior Manager in analyzing financial and accounting impacts with respect to special transactions by the Firm (i.e. Mergers and acquisitions, investments, raising capital, etc.)
• Assist with the preparation of the Firm’s full financial statements and notes disclosures for external financial reporting
• Prepare monthly journal entries and assist in the closing of period-end and year-end processes as required
• Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as required
• Participate in new systems and implementation projects from time to time
• Ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Controller and Finance leadership
External Posting Qualifications
- Possesses a Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA, CA preferred) or working toward the designation
- 4+ years of experience in an external financial reporting environment (year-end close, financial statement preparation, external auditors, etc.)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in providing financial planning, forecasting, reporting and business support.
- Advanced Excel proficiency in macros, functions and working with large volumes of days
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of ASPE / IFRS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a large matrix organization
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in interpreting firm policies and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to draw insights from information and convey complex information in a straightforward manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of SAP and BlackLine is an asset, but not required
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted