Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
As part of our Financial Analysis and Business Support (FABS) team for Enabling Areas, this role acts as a finance business partner and provides proactive financial analysis and business advisory support to our business leaders within Enabling Areas. This position will report to Senior Manager and Enabling Area FABS leader and will be located at Deloitte Canada headquarters in downtown Toronto.
- Play a proactive role with Leaders in driving business performance
- Work with Enabling Area leaders to gain a well-rounded understanding of their business drivers and financial implications
- Ongoing assessment of the operational strategy, targets, processes and policies in support of the Business units’ objectives by supporting better management reporting, information flow and management and business processes
- Collaborate with internal clients to lead the financial planning and forecasting preparation and period end reporting
- Financial reporting and variance analysis
- Work with relevant Talent advisor to understand current and future staffing impacts on the financial plan
- Provide ongoing business insights versus plan or forecast including presentations to the leadership team on periodic results
- Provide analysis of period variances to provide insight and help drive next steps
- Prepare operational cost analysis encompassing variance analysis of non-client expenses
- Research, analyze and respond to ad hoc requests for financial information from within the Firm
- Drive all period end /reporting activities and analysis including appropriate accruals and journal entries where required
- Proactively look to improve operations, processes and policies to improve alignment with business plan
- Team with other FABS colleagues to share best practices and gain efficiencies
- Lead and/or participate in firm wide finance initiatives, fostering integration and collaboration across regions and service lines
- Ad hoc reporting or analysis, as required
External Posting Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in either business/commerce or mathematics along with a CPA or CFA designation or MBA
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in providing financial planning, forecasting, reporting and business support. Prior experience with a Big 4 firm is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of business and finance fundamentals with deep analytical skills
- Strong ability to build relationships and communicate at various levels including preparing presentations for executive level audiences
- Strategic thinker who is able to see the big picture and subsequently provide recommendations to internal clients and contribute to service initiatives
- Ability to review data and processes plan and logically construct and execute solution
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in interpreting firm policies and objectives
- Detailed oriented and able to work with time-sensitive and confidential information
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prior experience with SAP and BPC is considered an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted