Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
If you are a highly analytical, exceptional business advisor focused on making a difference than we want to hear from you. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will lead all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis for our most profitable service. You will work alongside the Firm’s Executive leaders to drive operational excellence and outstanding financial performance by providing insightful, actionable recommendations related to but not limited to client profitability, resource optimization, and investments with the highest rate of return. Fostering strong working relationships with your clients and leveraging exceptional technical skills to optimize internal processes and drive significant efficiencies will be critical to the success of this role.
Your role as a Senior Financial Analyst at Deloitte:
- Embrace and live the firm’s purpose – to make an impact that matters – by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results, and fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and present insights based on analyses, key metrics trending and quantified risks and opportunities;
- Leverage a strong knowledge of the Firm’s financial model, systems and processes to act as a point of reference for leaders, practitioners and finance colleagues
- Financial modelling, analysis, interpretation and recommendations that support management decision making
- Monthly detailed review, analysis and progress reporting on the core business units of the practice
- Identify financial risk areas and recommend financial risk mitigation opportunities or actions
- Create and Manage executive friendly financial reporting for period end, forecasts and plans that form the basis of decision making
- Manage a rolling forecast that gathers inputs from the regions and is benchmarked against relevant metrics;
- Proactively assess and address needs of the business leaders;
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in firm wide Finance & Operations initiatives, fostering integration and collaboration across regions and services
External Posting Qualifications
- Degree in business/commerce including relevant professional designation (CPA,CA, CPA,CMA)
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in a finance role in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and financial acumen
- Expert excel skills with the ability to efficiently handle large data sets and concisely present and summarize for our Executives
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work with time-sensitive and confidential information
- Strategic thinker who is able to drive business initiatives end to end and deliver insights
- Excellent communication and strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment
- Customer focused, proactive and results-oriented
- Previous experience with SAP an asset
- English/French/Spanish proficiency is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted