Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Budgeting & Regulatory Affairs Group and assists forecasting, planning and leading the annual budget process and utility rate regulation applications of the Corporation, ensuring compliance with Corporation policies, goals and objectives in these areas. The incumbent will provide oversight and monitoring of activities related to the compiling and preparation of capital and operational material for regulatory and financial reporting purposes.
Develops, and leads quality control reviews for the Corporation’s various forecasts and conducts variance analyses for both management and regulatory purposes. The Senior Financial Analyst also assists in determining the cost of service by rate class for the development of electrical and non-electrical rates and provides advice to internal and external customers regarding rates and the Corporation’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Leads the development of the annual operations and maintenance budget using two financial frameworks; a Public Sector Accounting framework and a Rate Regulated Accounting framework
- Performs quarterly and monthly budget variance analyses and forecast updates for all corporate affiliates and divisions. This includes compiling and formatting divisional data and facilitating divisional and corporate review meetings with the CFO, developing Senior Leadership and Board of Directors budget documents
- Develops the Corporation’s General Rate Applications by; developing written evidence, responding to information requests, reviewing intervener evidence, and submitting rebuttal evidence and final argument.
- Performs economic or financial analysis including net present value (NPV) and return on equity (ROE) analysis in support of the Corporation’s business development initiatives.
- Performs impact analysis of regulatory decisions from a qualitative and quantitative perspective and identifies risks associated with the decisions.
- Prepares discussion papers, briefing notes and presentations on budgeting issues and regulatory affairs for the Corporation’s Management team.
- Professional accounting designation or MBA required
- Degree in business/economics required
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and structured problem solving abilities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong Microsoft Windows computer skills (MS Word, Power Point), and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Work experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or BI360 Reporting is an asset.
- Work experience in a regulatory accounting environment or a PSAS environment is an asset.
- Must have strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must undergo a successful criminal reference check.
Salary for this position ranges from $52.85/hr-$64.24/hr. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick days and a defined benefits pension plan.
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.