Job DescriptionReporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, you will provide key support in performance planning, monitoring, measurement and improvement of our Business around the globe.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and monthly latest estimates for the purposes of the Executive Leadership team
- Support and interact with all business functions, including Commercial Operations and Overheads by preparing various confidential labour reports in a timely manner
- Provide performance & variance analysis and support for key confidential financial processes
- Maintain and update Adaptive database, including creating reports and uploading data into Adaptive and Hyperion PBCS (for Corporate Reporting)
- Assist in preparing confidential presentations & commentaries to Executive Leadership team and perform variance analyses of future trends, including confidential resourcing requirements
- Assist in developing financial and non-financial KPIs for key drivers in the business that impact results
- Interact with Corporate / Sector FP&A to address questions for Business unit
- Continuously document and improve existing processes
- Participate in training sessions on various platforms implemented across the organization
- Work with labour / industrial relations team on confidential labour matters
- Provide cost-modeling for union negotiations and financial articles within collective agreements
- Prepare ad hoc analyses for the Executive Leadership team and summaries as required
- Comply with all company and financial policies and procedures
- Bachelor degree, preferably in business, accounting or economics and working towards an Accounting designation
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis
Competencies & Skills:
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong skills focused in accounting and financial theory
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Adaptive Insights, Hyperion and Oracle is an asset
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- Detail oriented and organized
- Innovative, proactive, and self-directed
- Excellent time management skills
- Individual with a high standard of integrity who can manage the use and analysis of confidential payroll and labour-related financial information
Key Client Relationships
- HR / Labour Relations
- Project Accounting team
- Business Development
- Overhead Business functions
- Corporate / Sector FP&A
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.