Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Senior Financial Analyst, National Finance Controllership Team
As part of our National Finance Controllership team, the Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Finance & Accounting and will have the opportunity to:
- Obtain great exposure and deep understanding on how the world’s largest professional services firm operates
- Be involved in the strategic initiatives of the Firm working with senior leadership and Executives (M&A, strategy, operations, etc.)
- Become a subject matter expert and advisor to the Firm on financial reporting and technical accounting matters
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial Statements: assist in the preparation of the firms full financial statements and note disclosures for statutory & external financial reporting for the Firm’s partners and banks
- Accounting Memos and Policies: assist in drafting accounting memos to support the accounting positions taken and the firm’s business initiatives
- Take a lead role in researching technical accounting issues under ASPE and IFRS
- Prepare executive decks on technical matters and provide recommendations as required for Senior leadership /management team
- Assist in advising the business and senior management on various accounting matters
- Support the Senior Manager in analyzing financial and accounting impacts with respect to special transactions by the Firm (i.e. Mergers and acquisitions, investments, raising capital, etc.)
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist in the closing of period-end and year-end processes as required
- Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Participate in new systems and implementation projects from time to time
- Ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Controller and Finance leadership
Develop your career:
- The SFA will have the support of the Controller and Senior Manager to develop the necessary skills and experience
- With the experience gained in this role, there is a wide scope of opportunities within the Finance team or within the practice
- The SFA can become a specialist in this area or continue to broaden their scope/skills within Finance
External Posting Qualifications
- Possesses a Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA, CA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in an external financial reporting environment (year-end close, financial statement preparation, external auditors, etc.)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of ASPE / IFRS
- Prior experience in preparing and/or reviewing external financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to draw insights from information and convey complex information in a straightforward manner
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in interpreting firm policies and objective
- External financial audit experience is an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of SAP and BlackLine is an asset, but not required
- Languages: Spanish and French is an asset, but not require
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted