ARE YOU A SEASONED SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a designated professional on a full-time basis.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Company
Our client is an publicly traded, industry-leading information services organization with operations in over 150 countries. This company operates across a variety of industries.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be part of the Canada Finance team and will work on various financial planning and analysis tasks, including month-end close, monthly management reporting, three-year strategic plan, annual budget, forecasting, financial modeling, and other analysis as needed. This position will also help identify and drive efficient processes for budgeting and forecasting of expenses, and operational reporting.
About the Opportunity
- Actively participate in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities
- Analyze financial results and identify the primary drivers of the variances to forecast, budget and prior periods
- Identify necessary journal entries and accrual transactions
- Provide proactive insightful financial analytic business support for the business unit
- Prepare and complete monthly reporting requirements
- Complete analysis of monthly results, including variance explanations
- Support the development of annual budget, 3 year strategic plan and quarterly forecasts identifying cost and revenue expectations along with supporting strategic and tactical plans to improve the performance of the business
- Develop functional specific value-added business metrics
- Development and support for ongoing and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Identify risks and opportunities and bring these to the attention of senior leadership teams in a timely manner and make recommendations for appropriate actions
- Forecasting of revenue, expenses and cash flow with extensive trend analysis and impacts of major projects
- Build financial business case models to support new investments, product rationalizations, and other new initiatives as needed
- Build queries from data warehouses extracting useful data for ongoing value-added reporting
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning and reporting process
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting and decision support as requested
- Supporting the key software business unit with in-depth and accurate analysis
- Preparation of monthly MOR, Functional Review Decks, and related commentary, along with regular monthly reporting tasks and key KPIs
- Improving existing processes, as well as developing and delivering new financial measures
- Working independently on special projects and business cases
- The candidate must possess an undergraduate university degree with a CPA or MBA designation
- 8+ years of financial analysis experience required, preferably in a budget and planning operating environment
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills are necessary as this job frequently involves interaction with Senior Executives where the importance of establishing credibility is paramount
- At a minimum level, solid Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills are required along with existing exposure to enterprise financial software
- The ability to deliver accurate results and business insights
- The ability to make process improvements, work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Previous exposure to SAP, Hyperion and/or other business intelligence tools
- General understanding of Access and SQL databases and queries is also desirable
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21956.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.