Altis Professional is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for one of our well established mining companies in downtown Toronto for a full time permanent. Reporting to the Manger of Financial Reporting, the Ideal candidate will have experience in Planning and reporting, CPA designation is required for this role.
Great compensation, benefits and culture, with great opportunity for growth!!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct analysis to ensure that reports accurately reflect all financial information.
- Prepare year or quarter end consolidated financial statements and notes
- Review budget submissions and create budget packages for the controller to review and approve.
- Responsible for review of site planning models for consistency in assumptions, capitalized stripping, metal accounting, capital expenditures, cost, working capital and all KPI’s.
- Responsible for communicating with management about budget and forecasting issues concerning their departments and escalate to the Controller as required.
- Identify and recommend budget and forecast process improvements.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required by the Controller.
- Coordinate the development of schedules and procedures to enable the timely gathering of financial data for the development of the annual financial and operating budgets.
- Prepare the quarterly Audit committee deck and speaker notes, Executive Summary, and the Cost of Sales report.
- Responsible of review and accurate reporting of Operational Working Capital
- Review and approve financial and statistical data loaded and input into Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Assist in automation of, and improvements in, all analytical models
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience at an intermediate to senior level in accounting, financial reporting function, experience in Mining an asset
- Experience working with public company clients and large multi-national organization.
- Required to have solid knowledge of financial principles, procedures, processes, and systems, including financial reporting and reporting systems.
- Excellent knowledge of financial information systems, applications and techniques.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- ERP and financial reporting software experience
- CPA designation is required