ARE YOU SEEKING A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY? Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team on a full time basis.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A, including the consolidation, sub-schedules and all associated analysis
- Assess new transactions under IFRS and prepare accounting memos to document conclusions
- Key point of contact for the external auditors
- Maintain the general ledgers for the organization and its various subsidiaries, including the recording of journal entries for all transactions ensuring accuracy and completeness of all financial records
- Ensure appropriate coding and dis-aggregation within the accounting system so that spending analysis can be easily performed
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management
- Perform actual-to-budget analysis on a monthly basis to determine major variances and their causes
- Prepare HST and other tax filings as required
- Develop and maintain the company’s list of accounts payable, ensuring appropriate aging
- Prepare weekly pay run and communicate with vendors
- Review account balances and recommend transfer amounts to ensure appropriate cash held in each account for upcoming payment commitments
- Review all financial reporting processes and recommend improvements to improve efficiency and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare process documentation to document key financial processes
- Analysis as required to support the CFO and the business development and exploration teams
- CPA, CA designation or in late stages
- Minimum 3 years experience in financial reporting, audit firm experience an asset
- Solid financial and technical accounting skills (IFRS)
- Team-oriented, ability to work closely with other functional areas to ensure appropriate support
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel and systems capabilities
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22746.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.