Job Description (EN)
Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key contributor for financial planning and analysis for expenses for the Toronto Star, StarMetro, Centres of Excellence and Specialty Products within the Torstar Daily Brands Division. The position will be actively involved in the budgeting/planning process, development of financial reports, month-end accruals and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of operating and capital budgets and forecasts including providing assistance to operating managers, developing and maintaining expense models, and providing explanations for variances
- Financial reporting and analysis including monthly financial reporting package, variance analysis, investigation and resolution of unusual entries and month end accruals
- Ad-hoc analyses for business case development and special projects
- Liaise with business leaders
- Translate financial analysis to develop business insights
- 3-5 years experience in a finance & accounting role
- Completed or final stage of a professional accounting designation
- Ability to analyze financial and operational information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior ability to anticipate issues proactively
- Some overtime required
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for next steps will be contacted.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.