Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
You are a team player who possesses solid leadership skills, a proven track record in developing, training, and mentoring junior staff towards success, and a strong emphasis on process improvement and controls. Be exposed to a wide range of challenging learning opportunities and work in a supportive team environment – apply today!
- Support the application of the accounting and reconciliation processes at SAIT.
- Review of working papers in support of monthly, quarterly, and year end balances and perform analysis and reconciliation, and ensure adjusting entries are performed as needed.
- Enhance business processes through the development of an in-depth understanding of SAIT’s current procedures; combine research into best practices and applying appropriate accounting standards to improve efficiency and controls.
- Compile training documentation and conduct training workshops as required to implement new processes
- Work with junior employees to ensure clarity of direction and accurate and timely deliverables, including regulatory submissions and internal/external financial reporting.
- Prepare, execute, and report the results of internal control and general process reviews.
- Support the annual external audit process by compiling Provided by Client (PBC) items and responding to inquiries as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise and section leadership and staff supervision in the integration of new systems with the Banner General Ledger as they arise.
- Continuously seek to identify opportunities to implement automation, innovation, efficiency and cost savings.
- Undergraduate degree in business or accounting
- Member in good standing with Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA Canada)
- Minimum 5 years’ of progressive experience in a corporate accounting environment
- Experience in a post-secondary or public sector accounting environment preferred
- Extensive experience with financial modules within ERP systems
- Solid background in process redevelopment and work flow design
- 5 years supervision, coaching and performance management of staff under a collective agreement
- Proven critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate effectively in an environment of constant change and competing priorities.
- Collaborative and customer-service approach to issue resolution.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
APT: This position is union exempt in our Administration, Professional and Technical group
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
- Job ID:req617
- Job Location:Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification:Budget Officer II
- Job Type:Permanent
- Employee Group:APT
- Position End Date:
- # of Positions:1
- Posting Closing Date:All applications must be received by: Open until suitable candidate found at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.