We are on a global mission to enable people to make informed decisions about the food they consume. With food transparency and personalisation at the core, we have developed a world class platform that supports digital interaction with both consumers and tier-1 retailers across UK, Europe and North America.
Our platform combines label information with clinical health and wellness data to give it meaning that can be read and understood by all. Our mobile app and grocery e-commerce solutions enables the industry to execute powerful digital strategies by turning data into meaningful personalized consumer experiences.
As a senior full-stack software developer at heart, you know it takes more than code to bring your application to life. You care about the whole stack and you are comfortable pulling up your sleeves and digging in. You look for creative ways to solve problems and you keep your eye on what is best for the consumer. You enjoy working in a very fast pace environment with a team where everyone has a voice and is equally accountable for their own streams or work. A key part of your role is to provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers.
Engineering / Strategy
- Work closely with the leadership team (Head of Digital Product Delivery and Head of Engineering) to build out the roadmap and devise a technical strategy to carry out software engineering vision and strategy
- Collaborate with the Head of Engineering to support solution designs and platform architecture decisions
- Help establish our technical program management structure, bug reporting protocols, continuous deployment, and iteration cycles to build something that works well, looks great, and delivers a best-in-class consumer experience.
- Help define objectives and key results for measuring and improving the quality, security, scalability, maintainability, cost, and time to market of our multi-pronged platform.
- Assist in ideation, scoping, estimation, coordination, and de-risking of our product roadmaps for our consumer-facing and backend platforms.
Delivery / Execution
- Help architect technical requirements that govern the security, scalability, sustainability, and quality of our infrastructure, content, products, and data systems.
- Ensure delivery deadline commitments are met, and manage risks and dependencies across projects.
- Lead client-facing projects as the lead developer
- Implement new product features and maintain the existing ones
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities to continuously iterate the design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring of our platforms.
- Mentor, educate and support those around you as well as junior developers
- 6+ years working experience and an excellent grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Track record of shipping quality projects under tight deadlines
- Motivation to build beautiful, refined, and intuitive products
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Good communication skills and can work independently or in a full team
- Knowledge with things like indexing, replication, and views; we use MS SQL, but experience with MySQL, Oracle, Postgres are all sufficient.
- Experience with modern version control and ticketing systems; we use Git and Jira.
- You are familiar with cloud-based environments: Microsoft Azure, AWS
Technologies we use and speak:
- Cloud Environments: Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS (Must be familiar with managing these Cloud environments and their suite of services)
- Web related: JQuery, HTML 5, CSS
- Other tools: Tableau
- Any expertise with the following will be an asset: AI, Analytics from Big Data, Business Intelligence, Continuous Integration
- Based in the center of downtown Toronto with a fabulous working space;
- Fun work socials;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible vacation policy;
- Employee health and wellness benefits;
- Culture of ownership, innovation, learning and personal development
How to Apply:
Send us your resume, and a short description of why you would be a good fit for this role.