Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies (MARZ) is a Toronto-based VFX studio that's delivering feature-film quality on TV timelines. Having worked on series such as The Umbrella Academy, HBO's Watchmen, The Boys and more, MARZ is looking for FX Artists.
- Design, create and implement high quality photo-real effects including Water, Fire, Smoke, Explosions, Clouds, Debris, Magical etc.
- Design, create and implement efficient methods, tools, and workflows.
- Understand and work within the studio/show structure / pipeline.
- Work with TDs and Pipeline to improve FX processes
- Report regularly to the FX Supervisor for creative approval, technical or administrative concerns.
- Follow the creative direction set forth by the production and communicated by the FX Supervisor and VFX Supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in Film/Television as an FX Artist.
- Expert knowledge of, and proven ability to use Houdini and Maya to develop high-quality photo-real dynamic effects.
- Experience with rigid body dynamics and particle systems.
- Follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones.
- Work with animation, lighting & compositing as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge.