Under the direction of the Manager Group Sales for Northern Alberta, the Senior Group Sales Representative is responsible for the creation of new business while managing an existing book of business and ensuring that the business that is negotiated is financially viable, administratively feasible,and creates a positive customer experience. One of the basic fundamentals of the position is to promote and market Alberta Blue Cross to various community and business organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively solicit new business opportunities.
- Complete and present proposals and quotations to prospective groups and advisors.
- Timely follow-up onto determine competitiveness in the group insurance market.
- Enroll and facilitate installations of new group clients and ensure the customer is familiarized with Alberta Blue Cross administrative and claiming processes.
- Present and place renewals for the region’s book of business.
- Maintain an existing group account service file.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with group clients and advisors.
- Cooperate with all staff to ensure that overall plan objectives are achieved.
- Provide input to project planning, scheduling, status reporting, and project budgets.
- Participate in project related activities with cross functional groups.
- Prepare regular business development status updates for management.
- Attend group meetings, trade shows and conferences when appropriate and/or necessary.
- Assist management in advertising and marketing campaigns.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with advisors, underwriters and the sales team minimum of 5 years experience in the group insurance industry.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads, frequent changes, ambiguity and other pressures.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communications as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to department and individual needs.
- Demonstrate supervisory and managerial skills.
- A willingness to enroll in industry educational courses, i.e. CEBS and attend industry related conferences and seminars as required.
- Life, Accident, and Sickness licensing is required.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.