Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Hydrologist to join our Water Resources and Mining Team in Montreal, Quebec.
You will be responsible for working with the existing Hydrology group, performing technical project reviews, developing specific business opportunities, and supervising and mentoring more junior hydrology professionals. You will also direct and support a wide variety of surface water management projects in the mining and industrial sectors, including hydraulic and hydrological analyses, design of water management structures such as dams, basins and control structures, storm water management systems, extreme precipitation event analyses, climate change impacts on hydrological modelling, and flood mapping.
- Develop business within the Water Resources and Mining Team (which includes Hydrology and Hydrogeology), provide direction and mentorship on complex hydrological projects;
- Manage and grow the hydrology team;
- Provide technical expertise as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports;
- Lead critical project delivery meetings;
- Coordinate with project managers and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the business development team for the required technical components;
- Collaborate with other departments and Wood offices worldwide, as well as environmental regulators, on project-related work;
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects;
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
- Bachelor’s degree in water resources or civil engineering, with a concentration in hydrology or another related discipline. A post-graduate degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (preferably in the mining or industrial sectors);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French – proficiency in English would be an asset;
- Experience managing employees;
- Must be proficient in analytical and modelling techniques and have a thorough understanding of the water regimes associated with all stages of project development and operation;
- Ability to analyze hydro-meteorological data and statistics;
- Experience with the following design programs (or their equivalents): HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, ArcGIS and AutoCAD;
- Must demonstrate successful proposal and project report writing skills;
- Must have project management skills with ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules;
- Previous consulting engineering experience is preferred;
- Currently registered (or is eligible for registration) with the Quebec Association of Professional Engineers (OIQ);
- Ability to travel to various project sites as needed.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.