Position Title: Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
The ILS Specialist is responsible for providing the DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS TCL) Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and reliability commitments.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all project logistics requirements
- Ability to work with and on occasion lead a team of logisticians, trainers, and technical writers to complete a project or projects
- Participates in preparing proposal inputs concerning ILS, product support and reliability areas
- Finalizes requested task/man-hour estimates from submittals of the internal logistics groups and forwards through the appropriate signature cycle with necessary justification
- Coordinates logistics support program activities in the areas of spares, technical data, test equipment, field service, training, field and in-house modification programs and reliability assessments where requested
- Analyzes engineering change documentation to determine applicability and scope of effort on logistics support activities.
- Team Environment: Works independently.
- Provides project organizational with ILS planning and guidance
- Relationship building and customer service skills
- Leadership in focused technical area(s) of expertise
- Versatility and flexibility in customer environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability within areas of responsibility
- Experience in dealing with DND for maintenance planning and ILS
- Willing and able to travel within Canada and overseas
- University degree or technical qualification, preferably in some branch of Engineering
- 8 years minimum ILS experience
- Develop ILS and Logistical Support Analysis (LSA) plans
- Prepare and enter data for, and support, a MIL 1388-2B application
- Conduct reliability analysis and prepare reports using parts count and parts stress methods
- Prepare training material for all levels of maintenance and operator training
- Deliver maintenance and operator training courses at DRS and Customer facilities
- Prepare source data for technical publications
- Prepare Recommended Spare Part List (RSPL) and support equipment lists
- Conduct FMECA analyses and prepare reports
- Support bid and proposal by preparation of technical input and estimates for ILS
- Update existing or prepare new procedures to document processes
- Proven training course preparation and conduct capability, preferably to military personnel
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, MS Excel as a minimum
- Knowledge of DND Life Cycle Material Management (LCMM) and Supply Support processes would be an asset
- Some knowledge or familiarity with Interactive Electrical Technical Manuals (IETM) would be an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements; a minimum of 5-years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada