Financial Services Client looking for a Sr.Information Security Advisor for a 6 month contract in North York
Senior Information Security Advisor
Client: Financial Services
Role: Senior Information Security Advisor
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Location: North York, ON
Our client, a recognized financial services firm is looking to hire multiple Senior Information Security Advisor for an initial 6 month contract based in North York
Your new company
A leading financial institution, with multiple offices across Canada are looking for a Senior Information Security Advisor for a 6 months contract in their North York office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your new role
As a member of the Information Security analytics team, Information Security Analyst will participate in the delivery of the security analytics program, support complex investigations and assist with analyses in support of strategic decision-making related to Information Security.
The role's mandate includes a primary focus on investigations using the data on the cloud and on-premise technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform and MS SQL databases, in order to identify malicious activities, events and vulnerabilities, and leveraging security intelligence from both internal and external sources in order to provide a comprehensive view of the threat landscape.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with prior experience with AWS technologies, Tableau dashboards, SQL query experience and background in computer science and/or information security.
- Supporting and carrying out investigations using cross-system data on AWS platform.
- Assisting with development and customization of dashboard visualizations and statistical analyses
- Custom integration of security feeds from both internal and external sources, such as databases, threat feeds, vulnerability scanners and other sources of security-related information.
- Performing technical investigation on confirmed threats and other suspicious activity using a variety of endpoint and network tools and technologies.
- Perform investigations and reporting on forensic artefacts in an effort to reconstruct events and determine root cause of any security incidents.
- Preparing and executing custom SQL queries in support of forensic investigations
- Preparing custom dashboards for monitoring of security metrics
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience with software development using Python, Java, Unix and SQL and/or experience with API integration
- Experience using Tableau to represent complex information visually and experience with statistical methods
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries
- Detailed Internet, networking, and computer knowledge (Software & Hardware)
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and applicable system administration skills (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques commonly used by malicious actors, and technologies and methods such as vulnerability scanners, and penetration testing platforms/frameworks is a plus
- Basic knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, enterprise forensic tools (EnCase/FTK/RedLine/Falcon Crowd Strike) and endpoint investigation platforms.
- Knowledge of Information Security principles, protocols, practices and industry standards.
- Understanding of existing and emerging Information Security technologies.
- Strong in all areas of communication, able to interface with management and senior staff
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, mathematics, engineering, technology or comparable professional education/training in a field relevant to IT Security
- Minimum 1 year in IT/Information Security or Information Security certification, or similar combination of education and experience
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement with a reputable organization.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.