PeaceWorks Technology Solutions is looking for a Senior IT Consultant to join their Winnipeg team. Are you interested in coming to work every day knowing that your contribution will help not-for-profit organizations achieve their goals and make a real difference in the world?
The Senior IT Consultant is responsible for providing PeaceWorks’ clients with effective advice, support, and leadership in meeting their IT needs in a cost-effective way. PeaceWorks’ clients have a wide variety of needs and the IT Consultant must be a confident and capable communicator as well as a highly competent and knowledgeable IT expert. Working with non-technical people is common, and the ability to interpret complex IT-related concepts and relay them in layman's terms is essential.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Managing and building client relationships;
- Managing a client's operational requirements and strategic vision:
- Understanding a client's operational and strategic requirements,
- Combining these with appropriate and affordable IT solutions,
- Designing an IT infrastructure that is affordable and effectively moves the client towards their goals.
- Maintaining comprehensive and current knowledge of IT best practices, both industry wide and within PeaceWorks, and an ability to work with a wide variety of components, including but not limited to:
- Server and client operating systems,
- Backup, database, antivirus, email, and other common and essential software,
- Network protocols and devices,
- Security and IT systems monitoring,
- General computing hardware.
- Managing the process of bringing a client's required IT infrastructure into place and up to current standards (project management).
The Senior IT Consultant will work with our clients to understand their technical needs and overall business context, aligning technology with their business goals and workflows. In addition to guiding the client through the project: helping them learn and grow, training on new technologies, and ensuring excellent long-term outcomes for their organization.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the Information Systems industry.
- Experience with Windows server and workstation.
- Working knowledge of server virtualization.
- Solid understanding of email infrastructure and technology, both server and client.
- Experience working with a variety of network topologies, devices and protocols.
- The ability to meet current Service Level Agreement Terms with PeaceWorks' clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks for multiple clients.
- The ability to work independently, and as a strong contributing member of the Winnipeg team
- Some lifting and carrying of equipment is necessary.
- Use of own vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
Additional skills and qualifications that would be considered an asset:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Technology;
- Experience relating IT issues to the public and/or the not-for-profit sector;
- Previous Consulting or Technical Sales experience;
- Courses in networking, system administration and/or hardware maintenance.
- Accreditation or Certifications such as the following:
- MCA, MCM, MCITP, MCTS, MCDST, MSBC, MCSE;
- RHCE, RHCT;
- CCNP, CCNA, CCENT.
- Linux server experience;
- Experience with LAMP stack
PeaceWorks Technology Solutions provides first-rate services and technology solutions that enable organizations to achieve their mission with increased ease and efficiency. We begin with genuine client-focused relationships, connecting client needs with sustainable and reliable technology solutions. PeaceWorks offers a complete suite of solutions including strategic planning, custom development services, CRM technologies, cloud computing, websites, network implementation, maintenance and support.
PeaceWorks technology offerings are backed by skilled employees and supported by a diverse team of technical consultants. Our end-to-end solutions have made PeaceWorks the perfect choice for hundreds of not-for-profit and for-profit business clients for nearly 20 years.
Your confidential application will be reviewed promptly by the interview team. We thank all applicants for their interest in the opportunity; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: PeaceWorks has numerous clients who support vulnerable sector groups within the community. Therefore, the successful applicant may be required to complete a Criminal Record Check or similar record check upon hire.
PeaceWorks is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, colour, religion, sex, place of origin, ancestry, age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, creed, family status, disability or marital status. PeaceWorks believes in the dignity and worth of all individuals and promotes inclusivity and accessibility in how we do business. If applicants require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact Human Resources.