Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Finance Data Infrastructure (FDI) is growing to over 40 team members globally in New York, Montreal, London, Budapest, and Mumbai. The Team lead – Java/Python Developer in Montreal will provide regional leadership for a team of six in the Montreal office, working closely with Finance Technology feature teams in Montreal provide center-of-excellence support for Data Architecture Components.
The FDI lead in this role will focus primarily on the data engineering aspects of the team when developing solutions for the group but will work closely with data persistence engineers and data architects to provide guidance for application teams. We will be working hard to move our infrastructure to cloud-based architecture using DevOps and Agility development methodologies.
In the first year, the development lead will address the following main goals:
-Build enhancements to the ETL framework
-Automate and optimize database operations and utilities
-Direct delivery squads on the best practices and standards surrounding the data architecture.
-Complete strategic analysis for move towards cloud-based technologies
-Inject big data and other industry techniques
This position requires strong hands-on Java, Perl, or Python programming and debugging skills as well as capability to learn and adapt to new methodologies and tools to optimize our systems.
- Team lead experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 7 + year’s experience in a similar role.
- Professional experience in application development with Java, Perl, or Python
- proficient in the object oriented programing concept and design patterns
- proficient of client/server applications development and familiar with SOAP and REST (ful) protocol
- experience of multi thread/process programming
- experience of development on Unix/Linux platform
- familiar with Unix shell and shell scripting (any of ksh, bash, tcsh, zsh)
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- familiar with Agile methodology, continuous build, and unit testing
- team management experience
- financial industry experience
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.