Charles Taylor is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organization that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
Our Montréal office is seeking an experienced Senior Loss Adjuster to join a growing team. This position will investigate and report on insurance losses for and on behalf of insurers, brokers, captives, and self-insured interests.
- Receipt of new claim instructions and initiating claims handling procedures.
- Liaise with official accident investigation agencies (governmental and/or commercial) and other agencies.
- Evaluate and assess all elements which may impact upon Underwriters’ potential exposure.
- Regularly liaise and report to Underwriters and other insurance practitioners regarding circumstances, damage, costs, and cause of loss, including detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations.
- Regularly liaise with Insured or Third Parties to progress claims settlement.
- Liaise and negotiate with prospective repair agents, manufacturers, third party claimants in respect of damages, repair work scopes, cost estimates. Review and report recommendations regarding costs and estimates with payment recommendation to Underwriters.
- Provision of general advice and assistance to Underwriters in respect of interpretation of policy conditions.
- Work within assigned office budget to maintain productivity and WIP figures.
- Assist in the development, marketing, and growth of Charles Taylor Adjusting.
- Work may involve casualty, construction, or E&O claims.
- Other duties and tasks as allocated that are within your capabilities and the scope of your expertise.
Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Quebec AMF license is required
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in managing property claims
- Post-secondary Education – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CIP / FCIP Designation
- Responding promptly and effectively to requests for information
- Producing exceptionally written technical reports and being able to present in person to clients
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office applications, electronic mail
- Great familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of an independent adjuster
- Works autonomously within a defined accountability framework and assumes responsibility for decisions and work performed
- Successful track record in building strong relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, adaptability, and dependability skills
- Working cohesively and cross functionally with other teams/stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Dedication to the utmost of confidentiality with respect to any of the Company’s proprietary information
- Ability to motivate, train, coach, and lead
Why join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.