Senior Manager, Autonomous Mining Operations (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Potash Business Unit is establishing a Full Potential Office (FPO), with the mandate to oversee, support and accelerate the delivery of transformation initiatives that will strengthen the Potash BU’s operational excellence and introduce innovative new digital solutions.
The FPO will comprise of three groups, a Central Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee results delivery across program initiatives and manage program risks, a digital program team to develop the BU’s digital strategy and drive execution of new digital solutions, and a capability Centre of Excellence (COE) to support program initiatives with critical capabilities.
This role is a critical part of the Digital Program, and is responsible for successfully managing and delivering the strategy for the Autonomous Mining Operations Digital Destination (i.e. a Digital Destination is an area of focus for our company to introduce new innovative digital solutions).
This role represents an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative environment to help develop and embed new digital applications into mining operations, drive our company to new levels of operational excellence, create a safer workplace for our people, and strengthen our culture as an organization.
This role reports to the Director, Digital Program.
What you will do:
- Assist in shaping and leading execution of the vision for our Autonomous Mining Operations Digital Destination, reaching this Destination will allow our sites to autonomously operate mining equipment ensuring efficient and safe operation where human operators will be alerted to anomalies and can intervene as needed
- Build the strategic plan, manage its execution, resolve or escalate issues, including tracking delivery
- Provide regular updates to initiatives owners, the Director, Digital Program and the Senior Manager, Transformation PMO
- Retain oversight of the initiative progress across all sites, and interaction with other digital destinations and enablers
- Complete digital initiative setup and enlist required support
- Manage required analysis for digital application and engage stakeholders
- Support solution delivery of digital applications centrally and at site, leveraging a network of support resources (internal / external)
- Ensure cohesive strategy across sites and encourage collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Provide support to sites as part of cross-functional initiative teams
- Provide training and education on solutions across the organization (central and on-site)
- Facilitate and validate vendor selection and maintain awareness of ecosystem of potential partners
- Identify new technologies, use cases, and assess applicability to Potash
- Manage the incubation of digital application pilots
- Be accountable for digital applications in the scope of the destination and their successful delivery
- Develop the digital initiative charters
- Provide digital destination status update report for the Director, Digital Program and initiative owners, with recommendations, risks and roadblocks
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience, with significant subject matter expertise in automation of mobile equipment and in underground mining operations (soft rock)
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams with strong presence to establish credibility
- Strong technical background, proven with relevant background and education
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership skills
- Track record of successful project delivery
- A passion for the digital destination and its goals to ensure the focus and determination required to succeed
- Strong communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran