SENIOR MANAGER, COMPLIANCE
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The Company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business. This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax NS.
- Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of five years of experience as a leader of people
- A minimum of five years of experience in compliance in the defence industry. Experience in compliance at a Canadian company is an asset
- Experience and working knowledge of Canadian, and U.S. export and import laws and regulations, including Controlled Goods and ITAR.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of other country’s export and import laws, including the U.K.’s, is an asset.
- Experience and exposure to cybersecurity and the protection of assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A valid passport, as some travel may be required.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes to ensure proper oversight and compliance with: Canadian, U.S. and other country’s export and import laws and regulations (e.g. Canadian Controlled Goods and the Export Control List, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and other country’s export/important controls); and applicable regulatory security requirements, including security clearances for individuals, organizations and facilities.
- Manage and deliver regular compliance training to the organization, including to the AOPS and CSC project teams.
- Lead the Compliance Specialists on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide timely, responsive and proactive advice on all compliance issues.
- Work with other members of the Legal Department and ISI’s project teams to review and assess compliance issues in the context of defence contracts.
- Monitor, assess and disseminate industry and regulatory developments that may impact ISI’s compliance risk.
- Implement and manage a regular audit program specific to compliance.
- Manager and establish the required oversight and polices to ensure our cybersecurity practices are best in class.
- Develop and manage professional working relationships with our customers, subcontractors and regulators.
- Deliver compliance support to other companies within the J.D. Irving Group of companies.
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.