Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone Canada is looking for a Senior Manager - Consumer & Shopper Insight - Danone Canada in Missaussauga or Boucherville.
As part of this position, you will be accountable for:
Mission: As the Strategy & Insight Senior Manager you will lead a fast-paced and agile team to create value though the delivery of Consumer & Shopper Insights, based in both analytics and custom research projects. The work of your team will inform strategic direction of the company, initiatives on well-known & well-loved brands in Canada, and ultimately have profile with a larger Global community of strategy & insights professionals across Danone regions.
Sitting on the marketing leadership team, your first mission will be to work hand-in-hand with marketing teams to provide solid actionable recommendations to support in development and execution of brand plans that ultimately create value for both Danone Canada, and the consumer.
- Manage team of three direct reports who support the category/brand teams and analytic/data modelling
- Lead understanding of category performance and key drivers on a monthly basis
- Lead research projects to identify key consumer and shopper insights, needs, and/or trends to inform key pillars for strategic category and organizational growth
- Lead brand and innovation-based marketing partners through concept and product development research to optimize new offers to drive those pillars
- Lead marketing partners through consumer closeness initiatives to drive a stronger, ongoing connection and understanding of key consumer groups
- Work closely with Category Management partners to translate category drivers into opportunities at a retailer level.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- University degree (business administration, social sciences or relevant field).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the consumer products industry,
- Specific experience in Nielsen toolkits and mastery of Nielsen marketrack analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in team management
- Experience in leading research projects across innovation development, product assessments & competitive benchmarking, advertising research, and consumer ethnography
- Proven expertise in utilizing different insights tools to tell a clear and compelling narrative, leading to meaningful and actionable business recommendations
- Experience in working across cross-functional teams
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for understanding the consumer
- Ability to learn quickly and think outside the box
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada’s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia, Oikos, DanActive, Danone, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free and more.