SENIOR MANAGER, PLANNING
With over 60 years of success, our client has grown into the World's leading manufacturer of apparel. Relentless innovation and craftsmanship maintains the highest level of quality reinforcing its "Made in Canada" commitment. The company operates in two segments, wholesale and Direct to Consumer.
A competitive compensation with excellent benefits.
The Senior Manager, Planning will be responsible to oversee processes including: Demand Inventory Planning, Vendor Management, and Procurement of Raw Materials. Responsible for developing and executing Demand / Inventory strategies that will enable the company to meet sales, development production objectives. The successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to manage solutions for optimal delivery and minimal risk, identify and support implementation of planning/buying process improvements as well as provide leadership to the team. Frequent collaboration and interaction with sales, product development, marketing and manufacturing is paramount, and must have a natural ability to influence others ensuring balance in supply and demand.
- Uses analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes (costs, productivity, demand patterns, etc.)
- Calculates resulting requirements for raw materials, purchased parts and supplies to ensure a continuous efficient flow of production (master schedule).
- Implements lsquo;Compliance Metrics' to balance inventory levels against production demand to support consistent target of 97% capacity.
- Review New Product introductions and Promotion Calendar (work closely with Product Development, Marketing, Sales Ops, QA and Production) to ensure that Supply Chain can support all program requirements.
- Provide Purchasing team with requisitions and vendor schedules.
- Prepare, report and communicate forecast / inventory measurements to key stakeholders (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets, master schedule stability etc.)
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and tools) in creating purchasing forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Manage item stratification, item lead time, safety stock calculation and other planning variables as required.
- Manage and influence inventory targets (including safety stock levels) based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives.
- Proactively facilitate forecast and inventory planning meetings with key personnel cross-functionally to ensure business objectives are met.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships (based on score carding) with vendors to ensure that the flow of materials remain unhampered.
- Present 12-month demand, production and inventory summaries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Knowledge of key purchasing and inventory performance metrics proficiency.
- Proficiency to lead influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to continuously improve processes and train team.
- Proficiency to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change.
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Effective communication to the executive level.
- Apparel manufacturing/retail knowledge is an asset.
- 5+ years managing a Supply Chain team.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or similar designation.
- Quantitative and analytical skills (extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities).
- Understanding of business processes including supply chain, inventory systems and master scheduling.
- Broad range of computer skills: database, spreadsheet, statistics applications and software (MS Office), MRP systems, working knowledge of D365 an asset.
Senior Manager, Planning.
Post-Secondary Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related purchasing accreditations.
Donna Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Donna Turner: http://stoakley.com/meet-donna-turner/
December 17, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Planning, Management, Supply Chain, Inventory Systems, Manufacturing, Apparel.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays