DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Manager for our growing Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) – Life Science team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Specifically, our SR&ED team consists of industry-leading professionals who have the knowledge and experience to help businesses take full advantage of funding opportunities and the multitude of available provincial incentives.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Assist clients to identify, prepare and claim projects under the SR&ED Tax Credit program, and identify industry advances within Life Science and Medicine Professional Corporations (MPC)
- Determine eligibility for SR&ED credits through interviews with prominent Life Science researchers
- Ability to research, interview, assemble arguments and communicate effectively through written communication reports summarizing R&D development projects
- Manage multiple assignments; and deliver assignments on time and on budget
- Focus on achieving high quality, timely and profitable results in a team environment
- Interact with Greater Toronto Area and broader peers, clients, and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) representatives
- Network and market MNP SR&ED services to existing and prospective clients
- Possess an undergraduate University Degree or higher in Science (Life Science or Biotechnology concentration preferred)
- Ideally 3-4+ years of relevant experience within the SR&ED Industry writing SR&ED reports
- Ideally 2 years of experience working with MPC claiming SR&ED
- Work experience in research, or commercializing life science and biotechnology discoveries is an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade their intended audience(s)
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service, proactively identifies client needs and creates strategies to proficiently serve clients
- Business Development – looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities while focusing on the ability to gain increased presence in the community
- Forward Thinking - anticipates the implications of situations, takes appropriate action as needed and prepares for possible contingencies
- Agility with Change – initiates, sponsors and implements change by taking a facilitative catalyst role
- People Management & Leadership – goal-driven leader who effectively manages self, others and teams to achieve goals
- Coaching – takes responsibility for one’s own and team members’ performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals, promptly addresses performance issues, is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!