Senior Manager, UX
The Senior UX Manager establishes and drives the overall strategy for design, research and execution of Walmart.ca eCommerce properties. This is a senior leadership-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required. This role will be a peer to the heads of product management and technology. This role will be a key leader on our team and a peer to the heads of product management and technology. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 5-10 associates across design, research and content.
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
- Juggle many objectives, as a consistent champion for the customer.
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales, revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement).
- Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides.
- Provide overall design direction & full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Present design work to UX, Business, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach.
- Involves 30% travel.
- 7-10 years of experience in UX design or related field
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Expert level for App development
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML are a plus
- Strong understanding of web and mobile app standards and latest technologies, image optimization and cross-browser compatibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design, Communications, English, Writing, or related field
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts
- On-Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Stock Options
- Vacation/paid time off
- Work From Home