Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You'll Do
What You'll Do
- Architect new features in an evolving dynamic video content workout system
- Lead media system design
- Analyze performance and tune algorithms for streaming media playback
- Work with API engineers and Android engineers to implement different types of video workouts
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product
- Work with AWS services to deploy new features and updates
Who you Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expert with multi-bitrate Streaming (Smooth, HLS, HDS, DASH).
- Expert with transport layer protocols (RTSP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, multicast, IPV6 SR)
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Deep understanding of ExoPlayer based video playback in Android
- Proven understanding of HTTP/S with excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with a professional and credible demeanor
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc) is a plus
- Broad scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python)