SENIOR NAVAL ARCHITECT ENGINEER
- Are you passionate about Naval Architecture?
- Do you have 5-10+ years of marine experience in progressively increasing roles and P.Eng status??
- Do you have the desire to join a rapidly growing, coast-to-coast team of industry professionals in downtown Ottawa, ON?
If you've answered YES to the above questions, you could be a candidate for an excellent opportunity with Fleetway!
Fleetway is a recognized industry leader in marine engineering, technical, logistics and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people, and partners, invested in the right tools and earned an exemplary track record providing service to our customers.
We are now in an important stage in our growth and are looking for talented individuals to bring skills and abilities to one of Canada's largest marine engineering integrators as we lead the way in Canadian naval defence contracts (In Service Support) and new government ship design and support, including warships, ferries, ice-breakers and commercial vessels.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Naval Architect Engineer for our Ottawa, ON office.
Our Naval Architects are a critical component of the Fleetway Engineering team that develop 3D models, drawings and technical studies, as well as ensure the completion of engineering change proposals and systems integration projects for government and commercial vessels. They are respected in the industry through their proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and their ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges.
- Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture (P.Eng designation required)
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5-10+ years proven hands-on experience in Naval Architecture design/integration projects
- 5-10+ years of related engineering experience in a Naval environment
- Naval project or marine industry experience required
- Proven hands-on experience in 2D drafting, 3D modeling and engineering design/integration projects
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Rhino or other 3D modeling software would be considered an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances (5+ years searchable Canadian history)
- Developing 3D models 2D drawings of ship equipment and compartment arrangements
- Developing technical studies, drawings and specifications for government and commercial vessels
- Report writing and equipment selection
- Performing structural design and analysis
- Incorporating Engineering Changes into existing designs
- Working on systems integration projects
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Conducting engineering analyses such as finite element analysis, weights or stability (GHS)
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)- no wait period!
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program- start contributing immediately!
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.