ADGA has a current contract opportunity for a Senior .Net Developer to provide IT support and development for corporate systems for one of our Federal Government clients. This role may be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform application development using Visual Basic.Net, CSLA.Net, Visual Studio 6 plus all ADDDA deployed development environment extensions including Team Foundation Server.
- Assist the Database group to analyze the impact on requirements on various systems to enable the Database group to create, modify and or remove database tables, views and data processing jobs.
- Work with contractor resource \ and assist ISC representatives to evaluate and estimate the impact of all changes to the existing production system in terms of code and query development and modifications. This includes designing system modifications and application enhancements required to support legislative and program change
- 10 years of experience within the last 15 years using Microsoft VB.Net
- 3 years of experience directly using the methods and standards of CSLA.Net
- 3 years of experience within the last 8 years on web application projects using Oracle databases (versions 8, 9i, 10g, 11g)
- Experience developing web applications using the Microsoft VB.Net
- 10 years of experience performing integration and system testing and documenting defects and change requests in defect tracking tools.
- Experience developing applications from Use Case specifications
- Experience developing code and interfaces compliant with Government of Canada’s TBS Standards on Web Accessibility, Interoperability and Usability" (http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/ws-nw/index-eng.asp) and security policies.
- Experience developing estimates from system requirements specifications (SRS) and/or business requirements documents (BRD)
- Project experience using the Microsoft VB.Net development framework VB.Net for government (federal/provincial/state/ municipal) departments/agencies/ organizations.
- Experience coding HTML5 on VB.Net projects