On behalf of our client in Coquitlam, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Network Security Consultant for a short term contract opportunity.
This position will play a critical role in ensuring the security of the corporate network, servers, and desktops, as well as provide quality solutions for business and enterprise infrastructure security needs.
- As the Network/Security Analyst, your responsibilities include performing security assessments for all layers of the IT environment, including network, servers, operating systems, databases and applications.
- Working closely with our Systems and Application teams, you will evaluate new and existing technologies from a security perspective to support the ever-changing security landscape.
- You bring a strong understanding of current security threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field, along with the knowledge of network security practices and policies, Windows/Linux/UNIX OS security and computer forensic tools, combined with the ability to configure network and security hardware. In addition to possessing applicable industry certifications (Network+, Security+, GCIA, GCIH, and/or CEH)
- A degree and/or diploma in Computer Science or a related field, your background includes 5 plus years of relevant IT security experience preferably in a municipal environment.
- Familiarity with Avaya network technologies, McAfee Enterprise Suite and PCI-DSS security practices will be considered an asset.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.