Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
Achieve the strategic financial and customer satisfaction objectives for the given portfolio of products. This role will manage a team tasked with determining and driving the execution of the strategy revenue and profit growth of a portfolio of products by owning managing championing and driving the performance of the various product lines throughout their product life cycles.
- Manage the development and execution of a strategy for the portfolio of products in line with SITA's strategy.
- Regularly review and optimize the overall cost allocations processes for bringing to market individual products. Ensure that corrective actions are taken if needed and that these actions are based on thorough analysis and are shared with the teams.
- Ensure that the portfolio strategy is supported overall by the growth revenue and margins of individual products.
- Determine optimal individual product strategy within the overall portfolio context determining which product gets emphasis and/or resources (investments sales marketing focus etc.)
- Articulate and document the portfolio vision and define the target markets.
- Continuously review recommend and maintain the optimum structure for the team. Identify recruit performance manage train and develop via regular coaching & feedback the right people as required to build a strong team.
- Ensure that the all team members understand the planning elements the strategy and the prioritization of portfolio investments.
- Portfolio Innovation/Definition
- Manage the overall innovation strategy for the portfolio/ respective products.
- Identify new opportunities as well as requirements for enhancements to existing products/services by thoroughly understanding customer needs the competitive landscape and market trends
- Manage/coach team members though their respective product(s) in the build/launch process (es) to ensure that they will deliver the right product(s) to market within the agreed timescales.
- Develop and manage a cross functional team that helps shape ongoing portfolio and product strategy and ensures the timely/cost effective and quality delivery of product developments and product performance.
- Develop and manage partnerships and strategic supplier relationships
Sales/Channel Strategy and Support
- Ensure that appropriate sales focus is given to individual products fitting the overall portfolio strategy.
- Ensure that the Sales teams have a good understand of the products positioning within the broader portfolio.
- Establish and implement an effective 'go to market' strategy for the portfolio of products to include an agreed and executed sales and marketing plan.
- Coordinate the bid management processes and pre-sales customer interactions.
Portfolio Life Cycle Management
- Accountable for the development of the individual products roadmaps composing the overall portfolio throughout the lifecycle from conception to retirement. Take appropriate decisions to reflect the portfolio strategy.
- Manage and track portfolio and individual product P&L revenue new business and profitability including competitive pricing of the portfolio in the marketplace to achieve desired sales volumes/optimized profit.
- Portfolio Marketing/Value Proposition/Market Intelligence
- Participate in the determination of the portfolio value proposition.
- Ensure that the marketing activities during the lifetime of the products fit/support the value proposition.
- Participate in Customer Advisory Boards user groups and other customer forums to develop customer relationships and influence market thinking.
- Make sure that the portfolio financial customer satisfaction and business objectives will be achieved.
Product Management Practice
- Ensure a complete communication of progress reports for all product launches or end of life plans to all relevant parties in particular senior level stakeholders. Ensure that the stakeholders are fully engaged and committed to achieving these objectives.
- Contribute to the Product Management practice working with Product Management peers and staff to drive best practice across the SITA Product Management community
- Act as a coordinator for those working on the product development stage gate and product projects.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least Bachelor degree level or equivalent in a technical business or marketing discipline; Masters degree preferred.
- 8 to 12 years relevant business experience in a high-tech global company.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Very good understanding of SITA products & services offering
- Good knowledge of the IT & ATI industries and economic drivers
- Innovation Skills and a significant track record in defining market requirements and functional specifications
- Good knowledge and experience of Portfolio Management
- Very good understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry and relevant technology areas
- A demonstrated track record of success in delivering lasting results Product Management ( revenue strategy P&L) in a global business environment and within a technology solutions based business
- Good capability of leading and influencing both direct teams and virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment.