Senior Product Manager (Monetization and Live Ops)
A Little Bit About Us:
Making fans; That's what we're all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that's where you come in!
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for someone to join our team as our new Product Manager for Monetization and Live Operations. This person will be leading a team responsible for the sales, continual updates and community management of our live game products. Our ideal candidate is an established game industry live operations expert with experience in managing a frontline team, driving in-game sales and is great with people. Does this sound like you? Check out the details below and submit your application!
What You Will Do:
- Understand and market to the players in the game
- Own and manage Live Product portfolio products as the product business and consumer-facing frontline in our company to service and delight our fans
- Represent the products you own and manage to the company and stakeholders for revenue performance and customer satisfaction with product strategy, business reports and as the go-to person on a daily basis
- Define and execute the revenue roadmap for live ops games in collaboration with other Senior Product Managers, PMs and Live content and production teams
- Metrics and Data-driven decision making, reports and tactics to improve revenue and game health and player happiness
- Direct the creation and execution of a multi-quarter calendar of planned content updates, pricing strategy, sales and in-game events to drive engagement and game revenue to hit business targets
- Create and execute product marketing campaigns, creating briefs and managing User acquisition and new reacquisition campaigns.
- Take an analytical approach to and breakdown player behaviour, product state and calendar seasonalities to understand what works for our games and player communities
- Be highly responsive to critical events in the game like unusual sales performances and player service issues by determining our response and player messaging strategy in such events
- Collaborate with Product Management, Production and Art to hit goals optimally
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and admin needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Live Ops Manager or Product Manager role specific to live ops role for a game or SAAS/E-commerce equivalent
- User Acquisition
- Product Marketing
- Strong quantitative skills, preferably in consulting, finance or games
- Strong familiarity and ability with Excel, Tableau, and other data analysis or visualization tools
- Track record in owning, building and iterating teams and processes
- Deep interest in games
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salaries, Employee Stock Option plan, & GRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off policies
- A $200 a month Honeybee allowance account to be used on a large number of health and wellness expenses
Become a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! We want to hear from you! Submit your application today!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.