Be a part of one the fastest growing music business segments in one of the most recognized names in stock media licensing. Shutterstock’s Montreal office, built around PremiumBeat oversees the growth of Shutterstock’s music segment worldwide.
We are experiencing continuous double digit growth and are looking to expand our team. We are seeking an experiencedProduct Managerthat will make sure we’re doing the right things at the right time across our current/future list of web and mobile applications, and backend services. This position will oversee the development of the product vision and execution. The Product Manager will work directly with the VP of Product, Director of Product Management, and Director of Technology of the Music BU, along with other stakeholders.
This position requires a highly-motivated individual who is comfortable with managing several stakeholders and products simultaneously. The successful candidate will be able to define priorities and manage expectations fluently, even when expected deliverables aren’t immediately comparable.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define clear priorities and roadmap.
- Analyze opportunities, develop and implement strategies and business plans to grow the different Music brand of Shutterstock.
- Provide clarity and context of business value and requirements for tech implementation teams.
- Manage expectations, communicate timelines and negotiate impact of changes in focus.
- Maintain backlog and alignment with other Montreal PMs / teams.
- Operate as Product Owner in the Scrum process.
- Obliterate blockers and manage dependencies / prerequisites.
- Understand technology trends and implications on the business for web design, logistics technology, payments processing, etc.
- 5 years Product Management or Business Management in Software/Technology setting
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree a plus)
- Experience operating in a Scrum environment and thorough understanding of Lean / Agile principles.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of eCommerce and online marketing practices
- Ability to sketch interfaces as mock-ups or wireframes.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE:SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitterand onFacebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V