Position: Senior Product Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years of relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate degree (Business, Engineering, CS, Surprise us!)
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: OTTO Motors and Clearpath Robotics.
OTTO Motors designs, manufactures and operates self-driving vehicles for busy factories and warehouses. You’ll find an empowering environment where job titles don’t matter, people leave their egos at the door, everyone works really hard to get things done and we tackle hard problems head-on. We employ passionate and highly talented professionals who are looking to push the envelope and help us achieve our ultimate goal: to put an OTTO in every factory in the world.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a product manager to add to our growing team, we need someone with a track record of success bringing great products to market. An ideal candidate has experience bringing product to market, comes from an automation background or really understands the industrial automation, manufacturing, or distribution space.
You will be responsible for a critical part of our portfolio in material movement and your experience in product management will help you drive the products success. You will work closely with the rest of the OTTO product development team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions. You will work closely with both sales and marketing to ensure your products are competitive, valuable and understood in the marketplace.
Corporate and Product Direction
- Manage the delivery of the products you are responsible for bringing to market, improving portfolio, working with engineering, sales, marketing, customer success and the rest of our great team to make our products a success.
- Responsibilities will include product function, product fit, competitive positioning, overall BOM, first customer ship, sales enablement & pricing that makes the product a success
Team and Internal Partnerships
- Help build and drive Product Management vision within the company with the Product and teams that you work with.
- Grow and partner with engineering teams to strike the right balance of delivery timelines and future proof hardware or software products you are responsible for
- Partner and work with the Product Marketing team to deliver clear messaging around your products and align with the overall value of the portfolio
Customer and External Partnerships
- Understand, build and ensure your product add value for the customer within our portfolio
- Excite, inform and engage with our customers as frequently as possible to develop an external voice of success for the OTTO Motors brand.
- Provide input, insight and research while working with other members of the Product Management team and executive team explore build, buy and partner relationships as an extension of our Product Portfolio
Product Managers come from various backgrounds, therefore, most importantly we are looking for someone who matches the description above and is looking to take on the world. That being said we consider these baselines for our next team member:
- You have been building software products for a while and have 5+ years’ experience shipping products as a product manager
- You have a degree or diploma in Business or Engineering related fields
- You have worked with engineering teams as a product owner and have demonstrable experience leading cross-functional teams to define, execute and iterate on projects
- You are a ninja at both verbal and visual communication and can lead teams through difficult decisions.
- You have a demonstrable track record shipping high-quality product, and can excel in product design when required
- You can break down strategy into tactics and tactics into metrics
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Work-life balance (flexible hours)
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Career development
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.