One of Canada’s leading professional services firms, Precision IT has an outstanding reputation for providing top independent IT and Management consulting services to many of the best run private and public sector organizations in the country.
As part of our consulting team, the Programmer/Analysts will support a major initiative that is part of a critical business line of our client, a federal government department in Quebec City. The Programmer/Analysts will build or modify applications and Web applications that collect, integrate, exchange, present and analyse maritime information onboard and ashore for safety and security of the marine environment.
Throughout the project, the Programmer/Analysts will:
- Prepare and deliver detailed design documentation;
- Build solutions in the requested or identified pattern; and
- Prepare and deliver detailed implementation plans;
- Data modelling and Database scripts (with proper indexing, constraints) with instructions;
- Source code
- Bundled software components for data processing and information exchange with clear instructions; and
- Clear configuration instructions for servers.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in Java and in J2EE environment
- Must have experience in the development of solutions based on Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Must have experience in database design and implementation with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Must have experience in deployment and maintenance of solutions hosted on Linux Servers
- Experience involving development, deployment and maintenance of transactional Web Services or REST APIs and web-based applications
- Experience involving development with Hibernate (or Entity Manager) and Spring Framework
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English and French.
Remote during Covid-19.
MANDATORY SECURITY CLEARANCE
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity in our organization.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your CV.
All job applications will be reviewed during the initial screening and selected candidates will be contacted to continue in the recruitment process.