Requisition ID: 30681
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer - Rail to join the Infrastructure group in our Transportation & Logistics, Rail team in Calgary, Alberta.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for various technical leadership and project management support duties on heavy rail projects. These projects could include feasibility analyses; conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; cost estimating; construction and contract administration support; and inspections of rail projects in western Canada and potentially throughout North America. More specifically, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, organizing and working with technical groups in the delivery of project deliverable requirements
- Completing civil engineering analyses and review includin evaluating vertical and horizontal grade and track alignments; quantity and construction cost estimates; engineering design reports; technical specifications; material and equipment selection; cost estimates; construction contract documentation; compilation of design/construction drawings; etc.
- Interfacing and communicating with the Client on project specific tasks
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals
- Participating with senior leaders in the establishment of short- and long-term plans for the development and growth of the group in the region
- Providing support to other Hatch regions in the development and delivery of project requirements
- Through your project efforts and involvement in industry activities, developing and maintaining client relations
- Actively participating in and supporting internal and external development and training activities
- As appropriate, supporting the development of more junior staff within the region
- Support to business initiatives and projects within the western Canada region.
You bring to the role:
- 8 years+ of rail industry experience;
- Project Management and/or Project Engineering experience, including client-consultant interaction;
- Registered as a P.Eng. in Alberta and/or other Canadian provinces;
- Knowledge of North American rail design standards and best practices;
- Able to work in a team environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously, mentoring or supervising Engineers-in-Training and junior designers;
- Able to write clear, concise technical reports and proposals;
- Able to check and review the work of other staff and consultants.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.