Are you a Project Manager with 6+ years’ experience in a consulting engineering environment?
RWDI is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Project Delivery team in our Toronto or Guelph office.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for effectively sourcing, negotiating and facilitating new business.
- Identify and implement business development and delivery strategies.
- Creating and delivering proposals inclusive of scope, fees and qualifications for public and client RFPs.
- Responsible for developing strong working relationships with clients.
- Assembling and guiding a team of RWDI consultants towards meeting project objectives. This team of consultants will at first likely consist primarily of sustainability, building envelope, energy and commissioning professionals; but over time will also consists of professionals from other technical areas of RWDI (e.g. microclimate, acoustics, noise, wind engineering).
- Oversee the preparation of documentation and reporting developed by the technical team.
- Accountable for project performance, on time and on quality delivery, and ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage financial activities of the project including tracking revenue, issuing invoices and recovering receivables.
- Ensuring that Quality Assurances are completed, recorded and meet company standards and project scope.
- Track industry developments and innovations to ensure that RWDI is continuously delivering relevant services, and new and innovative deliverables.
- Regularly develop and deliver presentations at project meetings / workshops and industry events.
We are currently accepting applications from candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 6 years of relevant and proven industry knowledge and experience within architecture, engineering, design and construction, interior design, operations and building management, or other relevant fields.
- Post-secondary education required. Preference will be given to a degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Building Science, Architecture, or another relevant field.
- Understanding of building design and construction process, codes, standards and protocols.
- Maintain relevant professional accreditation (e.g. Professional Engineer, LEED AP, CPHC, BEMP, CEM, BCxP).
- Familiarity with relevant sustainability and energy frameworks that apply to the Ontario development industry (e.g. TGS, LEED, Passive House, SB-10, ASHRAE 90.1) considered a plus.
- Superior and effective communication skills.
- Excellent client service ethic.
- Ability to delegate and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to market RWDI and develop strong client relationships.
- Experience in developing detailed proposals and negotiating fees with clients.
- Ability to manage clients.
- Proven ability to: successfully meet schedules and control costs; manage scope creep; and negotiate additional service agreements when appropriate.
- Ability to develop solid inter-personal relationships.
- Strong leadership, organization and efficiency skills.
- Ability to speak and present in front of a large group.
- A drive to make it happen, and to turn client needs into opportunities.
- Ability to deliver on commitments and exceed client expectations.
- An aptitude for practical problem solving.
- Desire and ability to work in and contribute to project teams.
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.