Requisition ID: 31271
Job Category: Engineering; Project Management
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Senior Project Manager – Rail & Rail Transit Systems
- Working with a team in providing engineering and management for rail and rail transit projects involving traction power, signaling and train control equipment, communications, rolling stock, systems integration, and operation and maintenance facilities projects.
- Planning, organizing, and working with technical groups in the delivery of project requirements including reports, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, etc.
- Project management of rail and rail transit systems projects; ensure projects are well managed and controlled, and meet required performance, safety and business standards.
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals;
- Developing new and maintaining existing client relationships;
- Mentoring and development of technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of the principles of transit systems and operations.
- 15+ years of experience in the development, design and delivery of system engineering solutions.
- Member or eligible for membership with APEGA.
- Knowledge of and respect for safety requirements.
- Experience in design, construction management, operation and maintenance of rail and rail transit projects.
- Familiarity with systems integration and interfaces between signaling, train control, and communication systems.
- Familiarity with rail transit or electrical utility industry standards, practices, and regulations.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity on rail and rail transit system projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.