Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Finance and Accounting, Retail
Position type: Salaried
The Senior Property Accountant reports to the Manager, Financial Administration and Accounting in Toronto and works closely with other Senior Property Accountant in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary. The incumbent is responsible for all accounting, billing and reporting functions of the property he/she is responsible for.
Responsible for producing the activities related to the monthly processes:
Reconciliation sales taxes and prepare returns;
- Calculate accruals and adjustments for both revenues and expenses;
- Prepare variances analysis and reconciliations;
- Calculate and generate tenant billings;
- Responsible for accurate consolidation of property results;
- Responsible for conducting the activities related to the y ear end, such as the year end files, operating cost statements and the financial statements.
- Responsible for preparing, compiling and analyzing all budget related calculations/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of property’s consolidated budget.
- Review capital expenditures, such as development projects and tenant allowances to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and entries.
- Review and interpretation of the tenant lease clauses to facilitate the preparation and generation of the monthly recurring billing, such consolidated year end billing, consumption utility billing, percentage rent billing
and respond to tenant queries and tenant disputes.
- Be a subject matter expert (JDE and MS Office) and provide, testing, training and support on these systems.
- Participate in various special projects, such as internal control review, review of sales taxes audit, preparation of various analyses and documents required for capital transactions.
- Professional designation (CPA) obtained or in registered in the program leading to accreditation;
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including advanced expertise of Excel;
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written;
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines;
- High energy with a positive learning attitude;
- Team player and strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
Flexible work schedule as required;
Experience in commercial real estate is an asset
- Knowledge of J.D. Edwards, Power BI is an asset
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .